Minutes to Midnight review by Linkin Park

• Released: May 11, 2007
Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight

It seems to me that everyone is condenming these guys for changing thier style. Me, being new to the rock scene, couldn't care less. Their sound has definatly changed, but that's not all bad. The early Linkin Park stuff sounds angry, MtM sounds is a sad album with a couple of really fun songs. I love the sound of the keys and heavy palm mute in "Given Up", and "Bleed It Out" is the only song I'll rap to in public.

As with all CD's (that I've ever heard, anyway), the lyrics start out amazing and seem to fall apart at the end. But in this CD, it is the very end. The last track is the only track I don't like. The rest are amazing. Bennington's voice is amazing. I wish I could go from amazing tenor to screaming like that. And I like hearing Shinoda every once in a while (I can only stand so much rap).

I love how this CD bashes the government. In other Linkin Park songs, they mostly focus on lashing out at everyone and everything. In MtM, and particulary "Hands Held High", they seem to be giving a list of things they hate, instead of just expressing their hate. I wasn't impressed with "What I've Done". I think that it is the weakest song on the album and should never have recieved the hype it did. If this CD were stolen, I wouldn't replace it, but that's only because I already have it on my Ipod.

Dr.T
    This is not Linkin Park. It's not even influenced by something else, they've changed completely, they just turned themselves into pop-rock to make more money. They should have just re-named the band instead of disgracing the old name. Linkin Park used to be a name I was proud to see on my ipod, a band I could see a unique sound in. I never give in to the crowds, I never follow unless I'm happy about doing so. These guys gave into the urge for money and went on the golden road to pop. They have become sheep of the music EVERYONE listens to. You don't believe me?? Look at how many reviews this album got, compare it to the first album and then tell me they haven't gone pop. Rest in angst, nu-metal. That is all Dr.T
    rayq78
    since when did ultimate-guitar.com existed? so that HT an Meteora will have more reviews? think....