Reanimation review by Linkin Park

• Released: Jul 30, 2002
Linkin Park: Reanimation

This album was as good of an album as any other Linkin Park album, in my opinion. I liked the facted that they included such previously unreleased songs as My December and High Voltage, and a new song, X-ecutioner Style.

The subtle changes to the lyrics of some songs, such as "Ente E ND" went well with changes in the tempo and beat of the songs. Also, the lyrics from the guest singers was excellent, esecially Aaron Lewis' vocals on Krwlng.

One of the main reasons I am writing this review is to show faults in the previous reviewers judgement. The member named linkinguitaro, for example, said that because the album is more hip-hop than rock, it is bad. However, if you removed the rap and hip-hop a Linkin Park album, what would seperate them from the legions of other alternative rock bands, very few of whom have released multi-platinum albums? Also, I found several faults in the review of the unregistered person who covered the album, faults that any true Linkin Park fan wouldn't have made. For example, the notion that Chester's singing is "awful" is positively humorous. Not only did his singing win the band a Grammy in 2001, but also helped the band sell more albums than anyone in the same year. I also have a serious problem with descpiption of the band. I, being a huge Linkin Park fan, an almost saddened to say this, but it must be said. Many terms could be used to descibe the band at the time of this album's release point, and "mainsteam" is not one of them. Also, the reviewer is clearly blind, because, despite all the faults I found with his review, linkinguitaro at least conceded that the album artwork was great. The combination of these faults leads me to the conclusion that the mystery reviewer was obviouly an elderly man who had nothing better to do than ruin the reputation of one of the best bands of the last 20 years. Now that I have finished with my rant, I can make my actual review. The albums artwork was excellent. I also liked that fact that they changed the spelling of the song titles to show that they too had been reanimated. When my friend first told me that Linkin Park was going to remix Hybrid Theory, I was skeptical, asking how they could possibly repeat those results. Although one may point out that they failed to accomplish such, the vast majority of their fans are nonetheless satisfied with this album.

Grebble
    Reanimation is a great CD. Krwlng(Crawling) is the most awesome song I have ever heard. I especially like hearing Mike Shinoda sing in it. There are a lot of people featured and it makes this album quite unique. some of the songs are a bit boring, like H! Vltg3(High Voltage). But most of the songs are great. Many are even better than their originals like PprKut(Papercut), Krwlng(Crawling), Frgt/10(Forgotten), Wth>You(With You), and P5hng Me A*ay (Pushing Me Away). I am so glad I have this CD and I hope everyone else that bought it is too.
    jasonkan
    this album is so much better than the mettalic crunches of hybrid theory. hybrid theory is full of discordantt junk rish rash, this 'almost-computerised' sound is ideal for their style. great stuff.
    ROCK.ON
    This CD is really for the LP fans who lean towards the rap sound rather than rock.... I like a few songs on this CD: Pts. Of. Athrty ,Ente E ND, and FRGT/10 hybrid theory and meteora are in my opinion the best of Linkin Parks Cds
    lpgreatfan
    Reanimation is also good, but not as good as hybrid theory or meteora...although, there are great songs like krwlng, pts. of athrty and frgt/10. The third best of lp.
    Fatally Jon
    Am I the only one who likes this album one thousand times more than Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Minutes to Midnight combined? And is it sad that their best put-together album was mostly put together by other people?
    sia_uk
    REANIMATION IS ONE OF THE BEST ALBUM EVER. pushing me away is one of the best songs ive ever heard, along with krwling and 1 step closer. the rap stuff gives it a kick n the mixing an other effects are amazing, no other word.