Road To Revolution. Live At Milton Keynes review by Linkin Park

• Released: Nov 24, 2008
Linkin Park: Road To Revolution. Live At Milton Keynes

First off I think Linkin Park is amazing and there talent really shows in this CD/DVD set, the concert is amazing and they play almost flawlessly in this concert. The concert at times sounds better than the studio albums they put out(which I've only seen a couple of bands I would say that about) with the whole band sounding like they do on there studio albums. Also they sometimes do extra little intros or outros for some of there songs to build anticipation or just have more fun I guess. Songs from practilly all there albums are here(they even do a performence with Jay-Z for the first time out of the U.S)so you'll find a song you'll like. Overall sounds good.

Chesters singing is flawless he sounds almost exactly how he does on studio albums, mike does good backing vocals as well as the rapping. The lyrics to each song sound down to earth and are stuff that most people can relate too and have experienced. there's really nothing new to the lyrics, it's all the songs we've heard on there albums maybe a couple of added lines at the end of the song or more rapping like in Points of Authority but nothing spectacular. So overall the lyrics are great but could have had more original content to them like Points of Authority.

This album is great I recommend it to anyone who likes Linkin Park or just to people who like good music. It can compare kind of to there Live in Texas album but with better production value and better perfomances. The stuff I love from this album is it have most of my favorite songs on it and they sound just great, what I hate about it is some of my favorite songs from Hybrid Theory and Meteora are missing and are replaced with Minutes to Midnight songs which is something I can live with but is something I do not like. If this album were stolen I would find the perosn who stole and beat them to a bloody f*ckin pulp and then get my CD back, if it were lost I would buy it again but still beat the shit out of someone just for fun, Overall this is a good album that anyone and everyone would and should like.

bendog1909
    hawkdude9 wrote: singing kinda sucks, besides that its ok, not the best from lp
    i completely agree with you man. i actually went to projekt revo in a different city, and he sounded great at that concert, but here he doesnt sound so great. Now i will give Chester props on songs such as Pushing Me Away, he did great on that, but most of the songs he seemed to be off key
    Betzefer
    It really doesn't matter how perfect and flawless and "as good as the studio version" this performance is, because the band itself sucks ass and the songs are all shitty and lame. why even bother?
    Cresspo
    It's called phonetic
    Teh Skisgaars
    jetfuel495 wrote: Heminator89 wrote: Symph.Core wrote: not bad not bad imma buy the album lol People like that worry me about the future of metal fan base. (The reference is to the rap language used "imma")Rap language? Please, what are you, some 40 year old English professor? And metal fan base? First of all, this is hardly metal. Secondly, he was not speaking in "rap language". I forgot what the word was for it, but it's a writing style where words are spelled as they're pronounced in order to achieve a greater level of characterization. I'm not saying that he was deliberately trying to be creative like that, but it is not "rap language." He's obviously just too lazy to type out full words. That being said, I've loved Linkin Park for almost nine years now, and that's a pretty big chunk out of my ninteen year life. Their Live in Texas album was great, and I loved Collision Course (since I love Jay-Z anyway). My only complaint is that Chester's voice can start to falter near the end. Whenever he screams live it's nothing like when he is in the studio. Well, if the reviewer says that this has better production quality and better performances than LIT then I should probably check it out, although I may be a little disappointed to find out that half of the songs I want to hear are missing.
    Chester cant sing like he used to because he sings whiny crap now IMO old linkin park where chesters screams were like 5 voices all in one were amazing ive love linkin park since before i was a metallica fanatic, their old nu metal stuff was amazing but M2M was a piece of junk IMO its whiny soft soft soft rock not Nu metal go back to your roots linkin park please dont turn out like silverchair or gwen stefani
    staindpants1
    i see a lot of people here bitching about how they don't like MTM because "it's not lp." on their documentary of the album they made a point that they didn't want to make a trilogy. personally i respect the move they made to step out of the box that they are used to and risk people not liking it. it is a solid album.
    livingspeedbump
    hahahhaha
    Amuro Jay
    Captain Penguin wrote: although i agree with the first thing that ulique said, i don't think he should be passing judgment on genres of music when his "Favourite Bands" section on his profile include The Jonas Brothers, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Kate Nash and Basshunter amongst others. And yeah, Linken Park are OK...
    Pfft, basshunter is awesome. I don't like him as much as LP but he's good.
    Captain Penguin
    ulique
    er, why would you be worried about anyone other than yourself when it comes to a musical preference? is it because you are so socially insecure you must live up to a standard set out by closed minded elitists? i don't like linkin park, but you are a complete moron. the only metal worth listening to is death metal, apart from that it is a very boring and stale genre, so stop raping your arsehole over it.
    xxmoshoutxx
    its a tight live dvd/cd fp, only complaints i have is the set choice, and chesters vocals towards the end i know hes been screaming before, but on live in texas; even after hes screamed, his voice has always still been top notch
    bsplayer2274
    The only thing I didn't like was the CD quality. The DVD performance was awesome, but on the CD its too distorted and has too much bass. It sounds like something you download from limewire.
    Xerothunder
    Heminator89 wrote: People like that worry me about the future of metal fan base. (The reference is to the rap language used "imma")
    Stick around, because I may explain to you why that comment is insanely stupid on so many levels. This LP album is not bad, tbh I think I liked Live In Texas better, probably because I liked the setlist better. It's something about MTM. I liked the album, but not as an LP album. It just wasn't Linkin Park for me.
    David_Bowie=GOD
    the band itself plays pretty good live, but the singer sounds like a whiny little bitch when he sings live
    Amuro Jay
    RCH15
    I'm really not into Linkin Park. They don't suck or anything, but I really just can't get into them. The album is a good one, though.
    chickrawker
    CelestialChaos wrote: It's a tight band performance, but Chester isn't as powerful as I've heard him. He was better on Live In Texas.
    yeah
    chickrawker
    ya know, id like minutes to midnight moe if it wasn't lp.. they can change their sound if they want to but its just not lp for me..
    CelestialChaos
    Heminator89
    Symph.Core wrote: not bad not bad imma buy the album lol
    hiddeninromance
    Cresspo wrote: jetfuel495 wrote: Heminator89 wrote: Symph.Core wrote: not bad not bad imma buy the album lol People like that worry me about the future of metal fan base. (The reference is to the rap language used "imma") Rap language? Please, what are you, some 40 year old English professor? And metal fan base? First of all, this is hardly metal. Secondly, he was not speaking in "rap language". I forgot what the word was for it, but it's a writing style where words are spelled as they're pronounced in order to achieve a greater level of characterization. I'm not saying that he was deliberately trying to be creative like that, but it is not "rap language." He's obviously just too lazy to type out full words. That being said, I've loved Linkin Park for almost nine years now, and that's a pretty big chunk out of my ninteen year life. Their Live in Texas album was great, and I loved Collision Course (since I love Jay-Z anyway). My only complaint is that Chester's voice can start to falter near the end. Whenever he screams live it's nothing like when he is in the studio. Well, if the reviewer says that this has better production quality and better performances than LIT then I should probably check it out, although I may be a little disappointed to find out that half of the songs I want to hear are missing. It's called phonetic
    I think in the case of Jay-Z it would actually be vernacular. It was a good day out, went with my girlfriend...not my ideal choice of music; but a good atmosphere and a surprisingly diverse crowd