Somewhere I Belong review by Linkin Park

• Released: Mar 18, 2003
Linkin Park: Somewhere I Belong

This single has only 3 songs on it, 'Somewhere I Belong', 'Step Up' and 'My December'. Step Up and My December are live tracks, played in San diego (I think), and previously unreleased. Somewhere I Belong is the same as it is on Meteora, but it's my favorite linkin park song and ill never get tired of listening to it. 'Step Up' is a fairly fast track, mostly rap, and with a really cool chorus. Joe Hahn is pretty much let loose on this track, with a really skillful solo towards the end. 'My December' is a little more subdued, most of the input coming from Chester singing, Mike playing a piano loop and Rob providing a slow drum beat. Joe Hahn again has a solo towards the end which really works well with the slow beat.

The lyrics for 'Somehwhere I Belong' are some of the best I've heard, and 'Step Up' has some really cool rap with both Mike and Chester singing during the chorus. Half way through the song Mike and Chester start talking to the crowd, sometimes both at the same time. The lyrics for 'My December' arent taxing or anything, but theyre sung really well and there are some cool lines.

The two live songs on this album are good, but not as good as most of the other linkin park songs in my opinion. 'My December' is a little slow and 'Step Up' could have done with being longer. Still, theyre cool tracks, and 'Somewhere I Belong' is my favorite song at the moment. I wouldn't buy this album again if I lost it as I already have the songs on my computer, but if I lost the album and the songs majicaly deleted themselves then yes I would get it again. It was only 2 anyway, not exactly a massive ammount of money to pay.