Collision Course review by Linkin Park & Jay-Z

• Released: Nov 30, 2004
Linkin Park & Jay-Z: Collision Course

At first a thought I wasn't going to like this album because I am not really into rap or Jay-Z for that matter and Linkin Park is my favorite band. To me this album sort of just sounded like an extension of Linkin Park's Reanimation album just with a bigger name rap artist. The album to me doesn't sound all that well put together and again it might just be me but it doesn't sound like a lot of effort went into the album. But the album has its low points and high points as I will show.

The lyrics are definitely this albums strong point. Even though I am not a huge fan of Jay-Z his lyrics are nicely put together. Again with some songs Jay-Z's voice sound totally out of place (ie. Big Pimpin'/Papercut) but in other tracks it sounds amazingly good (like in Points Of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer & Izzo/In The End).

This album isn't as good as I hoped and does not compare to Linkin Park's previous albums I don't think there was any real need to release this as a CD, I think just as a DVD would have been better. I think the best songs on the album are Izzo/In the End & Points Of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closure. The thing a like about the album that it is very different from what I expected (I didn't have the highest hopes for this album). The thing I didn't like about the album was really the whole concept I have never really been a fan of songs that have been re-done or made over. If this CD was lost or stolen I'm not sure I would buy it again because I do not think it is the great of CD.