A Place In The Sun review by Lit

• Released: Feb 23, 1999
Lit: A Place In The Sun

Lit has a very good sound and vibe to all of it's music. They are a sort-of punk band, and have a very similar sound to Sum 41. Only, the singer of Lit is much better than the one in Sum 41. Lit seems to stick with power cords throughout entire songs. Even some solos are powerchords; they are just shifted and played faster. There are not many lead riffs played as individual notes in this album.

The lyrics are pretty good for the most part. The majority of the songs are about partying and doing stupid shit while drunk or high. In Everything's Cool "I'm thinking bout the shit that we pulled the night before and by the party at midnight everything's cool again." In Lovely Day "Roll it up and smoke it."

A Place in the Sun is, in my opinion, by far the greatest Lit record ever released. It is too bad that it is out of print, because it is very good. I bought it at a used CD store and could not find it anywhere else. If you happen to see it anywhere, I would suggest buying it. Everything's Cool is the best track on this record. The main powercord riff is classic, and gets stuck in your head for days after first hearing it.