Sailin' Shoes review by Little Feat

• Released: Jan 1, 1972
Little Feat: Sailin' Shoes

If you can't get enough of the southern rock feel with a heavy blues influence then Sailin' Shoes is the perfect album for you. There are many sounds to be heard on Sailin' Shoes from slow blues tunes to upbeat rock 'n' roll songs to down-home country ballads. The sound and quality of music on this album is very appealing. Everything about Sailin' Shoes is outstanding from Lowell George's bluesy slide guitar work to the timeless lyrics.

The lyrics on Sailin' Shoes are very original. Little Feat had some of the best and most creative songwriters and this album certainly shows that off. The words are very real and down-to-earth and many songs tell a great story. The words compliment the music very well and vice-versa. Whatever the case may be, these words are timeless and seamless and will live on forever.

Sailin' Shoes is an underappreciated, underrated album of fine quality music. It is a classic Little Feat album and I think it deserves more credit than it gets. I was definitely not the least bit disappointed with the wide selection of music to enjoy on this album. A couple songs that are popular among Little Feat fans are the feel-good country-rock tune "Easy To Slip" and the down-home country ballad "Trouble". Sailin' Shoes is my all time favorite Little Feat album and there's nothing about that I would change. If this album were stolen I would probably call the police.