About What You Know Review

Little Man Tate: About What You Know
Release Date: Jan 29, 2007
Label: V2
Genres: Rock
Nearly every song on About What You Know sounds like a potential single; indeed, early versions of many were released as such prior to the band's signing to the V2 label.
 8.5
 8.7
 8.2
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
About What You Know Reviewed by: rockgodgeorge, on april 17, 2007

Sound: This fairly new band has to be one of the new UK based bands you might like to listen to if you're a fan of both the newer rock sound and those from the '90s years of britpop. Generally a great mix of instrumental and vocal sounds of Franz Ferdinand and Arctic Monkeys with the mood and sounds of The Blur with a bit Oasis in there. Simple, fun and great stuff. Not the hard hitting punk you might expect if you first see the CD without knowing anything about them, but I'm a fan of those bands and those that sound pretty much like them so this is for me. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are, like I said, simple and are really effective and go well with the music. It amazes me how they can have Arctic Monkeys vocals and Oasis music in one track, The Who and Franz Ferdinand in another, and sometimes all in one song. I don't know much about the singer or any of the band members at this point yet but I have to say, lyric-wise, though not complex and epic, it fits so well with the music and mood of the whole album that it will make you just relax and at the same time do whatever the hell you want. // 8

Overall Impression: Like I said a lot of times earlier, I can compare it to a lot of European artists. To summarize it, the band has been able to fuse together vocals, mood and music of some of the best years of music (yes, there's even a bit of '60s and '70s rock there) that just delivers an album that's a lot of fun to listen to. About all the tracks have something unique in them so naming the best ones and how many are worth listening to will be depending on the person listening to it. And if it was stolen or lost. I dunno. I already have it on my pc. But maybe if I have some extra money I'd buy it again just to show my appreciation for this new band that offers a lot of promise in my opinion. // 9

Comments