Songs From Black Mountain review by Live

• Released: Jun 6, 2006
Live: Songs From Black Mountain

As soon as I got this CD and popped it in my CD player, I was instantly sucked in. This CD just seems to evolve into something else while you listen to it. This CD has it's lighter side with songs like "Night Of Nights" and "Get Ready," while other songs like "Show" and "All I Need" show their rock side. Something that I have always liked about Live, is they stick to the basics. They don't do any incredibly hard, or complex songs. They keep it simple, and they keep it amazing.

They was this CD is written is simply amazing. I keep comming back to this but it makes the CD appear to evolve as you listen. It changes and then changes back, etc. The songs that need to have a more serious side do, but in a different way. The guitar beats keep the emotion of the CD going. Ed Kowalczyk has the perfect voice for the songs he writes. He has always been a favorite of mine. His voice can hit the lows and the highs. I find something in his voice that not many other sings can have, no matter what he is singing you can always feel what he is singing. His voice is perfect for Live.

Compared to other CDs Live has put out this stands among the top. I love the feeling and emotion they put into the album. Next to other bands of the same genre, I would have to say that Live stands tall, and towers over the like. I would say that the best song on the CD in my opinion is "You Are Not Alone." The style that Live plays just blows away the competetion. There really is nothing that I don't like about this CD. The booklet is small and boring, but who really cares what that looks like? It's all about what's on the CD. If I lost this CD, first I would ask myself how did I lose something that amazing, and then I would go and buy it again. This CD is one of those that I just can't stop listening to. My personal opinion: go buy it now!

freshtunes
    Caboose is a fanboy. The only decent Live albums are Mental Jewelery and Throwing Copper, both amazing.