Collideoscope Review

Living Colour: Collideoscope
Released: Oct 7, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Metal, Hard Rock, Album Rock
There's no doubt Collideoscope is a welcome return for a group that never should have left.
 8.8
 9.3
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Collideoscope Reviewed by: soundrock31, on october 11, 2004

Sound: When I was just a wee-lad, Living Colour was one of the first bands I started listening to. I loved there first album Vivid with a passion (and I still do.) Yet on Vivid, I found there versitility and ablity to try other things week (except for the first track). Then about last year, I heard through the grape vine that they were releasing their fist studio album in 10 years, I was shocked thinking that they had fallen of the face of the earth. To me, that wasn't as surprising as the fact that the album even out did its perdesesor Vivid as far as sound. Collideoscope takes their older sound and makes it a little more heavier at times, but most notably, more industrial (comparable to that of White Zombie). The new industrial style of their's comes through and comes through strong on In Your Name and A? of When. The album also has a more melodic flowing side with Flying, Lost Halo, and the Beatles cover Tommorow Never Knows. // 10

Lyrics: From love songs to raging political anthems, there are no words to describe the method to Corey Glover's madness. // 10

Overall Impression: Although I love this album, I know it is gonna be very strange to some people. Yet still, the album has its great solid tracks that make this album feel like an experience. It sickens me that an album with amazing songs, recieves no attention and isn't played on the radio while instead they offend me with their bad music such as The Killers. // 8

Comments