Conceived In Fire Review

Released: Sep 24, 2002
Label: Solid State Records
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Metal, Heavy Metal, Hardcore Punk
The 13 tracks that comprise Conceived In Fire feel less like individual achievements and more like one continuous proclamation of all which is brutal.
 8.9
 9.3
 8.5
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Conceived In Fire Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 02, 2005

Sound: In terms of sound, this band is kind of an Oxymoron. They are Christian but play a sort of death metal. I would describe their sound as Metallica with the vocalist (Bruce Fitzugh) screaming/growling. I showed this to someone at my school and they said it was like Slipknot. If it is, then this is certainly a better alternative. I would recommend this to almost anyone who likes pretty heavy music. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty hard to understand most of the time, with Bruce's "death metal" voice. If you read the lyrics, though, they are actually pretty well-written. "Symbiotic" (my favorite song) is about how we need God in our lives. "Imminent War" is about the middle east's hatred for Israel, (Is coexistence futile?), and "Reach For The Sky" has an interlude where the percussionist and 2nd vocalist expresses his love for God. // 8

Overall Impression: I've heard people compare this band to Slipknot and old Metallica, and I'm pretty sure those are right. The best songs are "Symbiotic," "Send Your Regrets," "Ignite" and "Distrust." I love Bruce's awesome voice and the great riffs in many of the songs. Rocky Gray, the lead guitarist, plays unbelievable solos on par with Kirk Hammett of Metallica. The only thing I don't like are the percussionist's vocals on every song except "Symbiotic." If it were stolen, I would try and hunt down whoever stole it. If it were lost and I had money, I would buy it again. // 10

Comments