My So Called Knife review by Lollipop Lust Kill

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
  • Users' score: 7 (1 vote)
Lollipop Lust Kill: My So Called Knife

This band is considered alternative metal, and fit's into the genre decently well. It's got a real heavy bass line, and some pretty nice guitar riffs. The vocals are pretty good as well, but sometimes the vocals all run together. It isn't a huge step away from the norm to be incredibly notable or stand out, but it is still a good album.

The lyrics are good at best. Sometimes they hit the nail on the head, and sometimes, they just feel corny or forced on the song, like the writer was rushed in the writing process. The vocal style fit's the music pretty well, but still, there needs to be more variance on the style, and melody and rhythm of the lyrics. The singer has good skills for singing a few songs, but ask him to write 10 songs' melodies and lyrics, and he's going to struggle coming up with enough material and influence to write maybe 5 really good songs, with some fillers. Over half of the album songs feel like filler songs.

Lollipop Lust Kill compares slightly with Disturbed, Marilyn Manson and Korn. Unfortunately they aren't as good as some might hope, as a lot of their songs sound pretty much identical. There was a lot of potential as the album starts out, but it doesn't really progress through the album, it just stays at the same level, if not going down a bit. I would consider purcahsing this album again if it were lost or stolen, yet, if I didn't realize it was gone, I probably wouldn't miss it.