The Arockalypse review by Lordi

• Released: Mar 1, 2006
Lordi: The Arockalypse

Lordi made a strong impression at the Eurovision 2006 with their song Hard Rock Hallelujah, but to get to the point, the album is GREAT! The sound of it is not unique itself, but the strong vocal, the powerfull guitar riffs, the drum beats, that's wath bring rock to life! With song like Who's your Daddy, Bringing Back The Balls To Rock, Mr Killjoy, Hard Rock Hallelujah, you can be nothing more but charmed by this album who is incredibly catchy. And I just would like to say that mister Jay Jay French from Twisted Sisters made a incredible solo in "It Snows in Hell", check this out.

The lyrics are not very poetic, it's more about holy things, I think they wanted to make a more apocalypse style like in Hard Rock Hallelujah, "Devils and Angels all in one has arrived","the sins are crippled" etc. Not much to say about it. You can clearly see that there is influence from Kiss and Rob Zombie. The style is more like Avenged Sevenfold, obsessed with the apocalypse and sins comitted.

Well like I said previously, it's pretty much Rob Zombie and Kiss influenced so you know what to expect, but! There is a lot of surprise in it! The Chainsaw Buffet intro is very unique and the song is very weird, and They Only Come At Night, even if you think it's gonna be very dark well prepared to be surprise. Overall the album is great and even if you gonna think I'm a little crazy, I think Lordi is wath can bring back Rock to life!

M.B.MetalTabber
    This album is nowhere near as good as their early stuff, they've lost their groove. Changing keyboardist and having so many guest spots didn't help. I for one was very dissapointed with this album.
    oldschoolthrash
    ThomasC wrote: Bruce Kullick did the solo in It SNows In Hell
    Yeah, Jay Jay French did the solo in Chainsaw Buffet, and yes, both solos are phenomenal
    alucard6
    My favorite album and in my opinion their best work so far(i cant wait their new album)..... Chainsaw Buffet is my favorite song....Great music and text..... Two thumbs up