The Monster Show Review

artist: Lordi date: 05/06/2005 category: compact discs
Lordi: The Monster Show
Released: Feb 14, 2005
Genre: Rock
Lordi is here, and The Finnish Monsters don't tend to dissapoint. Prepare for hell-raising and bone-mashing in a way that you never have before, and relish in the jaws of the Manbeast in your final moments.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 9 comments vote for this album:
The Monster Show Reviewed by: magicam, on may 06, 2005

Sound: This is what rock has been lacking in recent years, and I welcome Lordi to the rock scene with open arms. It's nice to get a break from typical hardcore/metal/emo bands once in a while, and Lordi offer a much needed breath of fresh air. They combine the styles of Rob Zombie and Kiss, to achieve a heavy yet extremely catchy sound to their music. When I first saw pictures of Lordi in Kerrang I expected them to be over the top death metal trash, I couldn't have been more wrong. This has the old old school rock n roll vibe about it that I've been craving for years. Lordi have a unique sound that stands out amongst others in the metal of today, I hold them in high regard for their stomping riffs, catchy choruses, keyboard interludes and terrifying appearances. // 10

Lyrics: Dark satanic lyrics, projected with perfect precision that makes resisting to sing along a futile action. Also very amusing in places, for example, "The Devil is a loser and he's my b--ch." Brilliant. Although they have a darker vibe in places, "Free me from my eternal. There's no blessing in this curse." Admittedly, you can't take these lyrics over-seriously, but they are so fitting with Lordi's sound. // 10

Overall Impression: Unlike everyone else on the website, I have never before given an album three 5's. I have no shame in making Lordi the first to receive the award, as they deserve it in every respect. They put on a breathtaking live performance with their OTT costumes. Their sound is catchy, heavy and genius. You need Lordi in your lives. Monster Show will not disappoint. Check out "Blood red Sandman" and "Icon Of Dominance" to get a feel for Lordi. // 10

Comments