Los Lonely Boys review by Los Lonely Boys

• Released: Mar 30, 2004
Los Lonely Boys: Los Lonely Boys

The style of this CD is Texican Blues. A cross between Mexican and Texas Blues. All of the songs are sung in English except for one, but the songs have mixed languages. Meaning he could go from singing in english one second to singing in Mexican the next. This CD is heavily influenced by Stevie Ray Vaughan, Richie Valens and Santana. Also this Cd displays excellent guitar playing, expecially for blues guitar right now. Also they have a great bassist, who plays the six-string bass, and they also have a greta drummer.

Most of the songs are either about a woman, a relationship, or religion. The music really fits with the lyrics, for example on La Contestacion, which is a Mexian Ballad, the keyboard playing is very soothing with the singing. The song is sounds very pretty. Also Henry, guitar Player , and brother Jojo, bassist, have voices that blend very nicely together. Jojo has a voice that is very calm and soothing and Henry has a more raspy sounding voice.

Yes this album compares to my others, the Los Lonley Boys are a great new band. With their influences of Texas Blues and Mexican music they make it their own. The most impressive songs from the album are Heaven, Holywood, More than love, Nobody Else, and Onda. What I love about this album is that there is a good variety of songs. The only thing I hate about this album is that when they sing in Mexican I cannot understand what they are saying. I would by this Cd again if it were stolen mainly because it is like no other CD in my collection.