Los Lonely Boys review by Los Lonely Boys

• Released: Mar 30, 2004
Los Lonely Boys: Los Lonely Boys

The sound of Los Lonely Boys is a mixture, where Carlos Santana meets the late Stevie Ray Vaughan, an it proves to be one of the greatest combos in history. The guitar playing of Henry Garza is comparable to Eric Clapton, even Jimi Hendrix, and the solos he plays are not for novices. Also, Jojo, the bass player sings in one of the best songs, "Crazy Dream". Ringo (it is his real name) is on drums. Probably the best thing about the album is that you can play the whole thing without getting bored. However I didn't really like the last song, "La Contestacion". This album has a good sound with mixtures of rock, blues, Tex-Mex, and one or two songs with a Ritchie Valens feel.

The lyrics are for the most part good. They aren't as good as Bob Dylan or Jackson Browne, but still good. I might be missing out though, because I can't understand all of the lyrics in Spanish. There are some songs that have very talented songwriting, both lyrically, and musically, like "Hollywood" or "Heaven". "Hollywood" is an example of a song style only Los Lonely Boys could write. "Heaven" is particularly good, not only for the lyrics, but the solo gives a felling of the guitar styles of Dickey Betts of The Allman Brothers Band.

Overall, this is a very good album. One of the best I've heard, and the best debut album. It has great solos, heard in "Heaven", "Crazy Dream", "Hollywood", "Seorita" and more. It has good opening intro's, heard in "Nobody Else", "Hollywood", and "Seorita". It has one of the best outros I've heard in the song "Hollywood", and the entire album is just good music. Los Lonely Boys are probably the best band to come out sense Los Lobos, and the only way to say it, they're awesome. You should get this album from Los Lonely Boys, straight out of San Angelo, Texas.

dimebag7
    i liek the song, ive been lock up for to long or somethihng. I heard it on the radio, was very surprised i liekd it, because the radio sucks.