Immerse In Infinity Review

8.7
 8.1
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Immerse In Infinity Reviewed by: Sengir, on october 19, 2010

Sound: My reaction to tech-death bands is nearly always the same, like "Oh no, another random Brain Drill-esque wankage with little to no musical value". Not this time. After four years of musical non-existence, in 2009 Lost Soul released "Immerse In Infinity", probably their best album. They managed to fuse technical death metal with at least as much musicality to make it listenable for a common metalhead. For a death metal fan this CD is a must-have. The whole album is coherent, there are no fillers. Each song naturally follows the previous one. The sound is very deep, dark and intense, while retaining clarity, so you can hear every single note. // 9

Lyrics: "I stand at the altar of the liar And I can see his bleeding face So tell me now (if the dead can speak..?) How long can you plunge in hypocrisy" The themes of the lyrics are philosophy and antichristianity. I enjoy them, however being anti-christian is not very creative. The main singer is probably my favourite among extreme vocalists. His voice is powerful and aggressive and at the same time clear and comprehensible. // 8

Overall Impression: My favourite songs from this album are "216" - a bone-crusher with built-in facemelter (great guitar solo) and "Breath of Nibiru" - very atmospheric, mystical song. Guys from Lost Soul are on their way to international success, and they certainly deserve it (probably more than other Polish bands like Behemoth). Among tech-death albums, "Immerse In Infinity" is definitely one of the best. I recommend it to everyone. And don't get me wrong, I like Brain Drill. // 9

Comments