Liberation Transmission review by Lostprophets

• Released: Jun 27, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 3.7 Poor
Lostprophets: Liberation Transmission

Alright. First record was heavy and had some serious mosh-pit attitudes. But to evolve it was ok to go to a bit differen sound and there was start SOmething. It sure was way less hard rock and more pop in it, but it had great experimental tracks and just stuff that you wouldn't declare mainstream pop. It was a pop-rock-experimantal record. with a lot of great ideas great lyrics and an awesome vibe. Now here we have Liberation Transmisson. It is just awful. First you like the easy going songs with a lot of sing along choruses, but you get tired so fast of this same same same song over and over again. They lost the mood of the songs they didn't combine lyrics and instrumental parts anymore as they used to on Start Something. Now you can't even really hear the guitarparts anymore there's keys everywhere the songs pumped with shit that makes it impossible for a lover of great bandm usic to hear a real band act here it's more tons of programmed layers making music here. So the sound really is just boring and overdone.

No doubt that Ian Watkins is one hell of a singer. He has such an awesome voice as we were able to hear on TFSOP and on SS. Of course you can't say he's bad here, but you can't get it out of your head how the words come together. there are overdubbing and choruses with a osund like a whole arena is shouting, sorry singing at you as he doesn't shout anymore. And what he sings is ok. The lyrics seem to go along with the happy pop music well. Although you can't expect any further great statements than "oh my I'm so lonely, oh I don't like your style, oh my parents hate my looks". Mediocre.

Compared to the first two records this is just crap. For itself if you wouldn't know what the lostprophets are actually capable of it's a good fun record for those who don't care that this osunds not like a band but a produced boygroup with one isnger and the rest eyecandy. None of the osngs really stands out for itself. They all sound like they could be on the radio or shown on MTV, but that's what makes it boring the same crappy upbeat stuff over and over again without a change in pace. I hate that the band reduced themselves to such a low and boring level and didn't pursue to make naother great record like Start Something. If it were stolen I'd never buy it again. In fact I'm gonna go out and leave it somewhere now, so somebody else has to listen to this.

Vintage_Axe
    mike lewis their rhythm guitarist doesn't get much mention =P lolz hes pretty skilled too lolz, i personally think their testing the waters see how their fans would react to a different style of music, but after hearing 2 songs off their forthcomin album i can assure you all they are a hell of alot like FSOP, almost identical... if that pleases some peeps =]]
    mrsensible1234
    I think this is a good album, its got good melodies and good lyrics.It shows that the prophets can do different styles and not just one, which would get boring after 4 albums full of heavy stuff, the next album will be heavier but there still will be the sing along songs