Liberation Transmission review by Lostprophets

• Released: Jun 27, 2006
Lostprophets: Liberation Transmission

Lostprophets seem to have generated into a more lighter rock band with the release of album, Liberation Transmission. The whole sound has seemed to change from the metal we used to hear in their other albums such as 'The Fake Sound Of Progress' and 'Start Something' maybe for the better, maybe for the worst. The music itself though was still catchy and gets you playing their tracks over again. A good album overall but still room for minor improvements.

The lyrics of the new album seem to have very deep meaning but are no longer metal in my opinion, they seem to have changed into more emo lyrics which are not the type of band Lostprophets are. The lyrics do however fit with the music very well and show a deep meaning that is well thought of. Ian Watkins voice is still as strong as it has been in the last albums they have done, not changing a great deal.

It can't really compare to all the other albums that they have released due to the fact that they changed their style completely, from Metal to Pop-rock. However it still has some brilliant and well-thought up songs. Some of the better and more impressive songs on the album are ones such as 'A Town Called Hypocrisy', 'Rooftops', '4'AM Forever' and 'Always All Ways.' These seem to liven up the album and boost it's overall appeal to it's buyers. I really like how the lyrics and songs are deeply thought about and how all the songs seem to have a definite story line behind them. However I dislike how they have changed their sound from the Metal band we used to listen to in the earlier days. My overall impression of this album is taken up by mixed emotions. There are some definite good points but on the other hand, some bad ones.

kfong03
    this album's pretty nice...everyday combat, can't catch tomorrow and always all ways are great songs...no offense to anyone but i hate the old lp, if u want real thrash metal then listen to pantera or trivium...lp's beter suited to this hard rock/pop rock thing, and they own at it.
    hide_yer_donkey
    lets face it, all the moaners were gonna moan whatever this album was like; if the band had kept the same sound like the top reviewer obviously wishes, then they'd have got slagged off for being unoriginal and just milkin what was popular. there are too many people stuck in the past, and i look forward to the next 'prophets album and hope it shuts everyone up