Start Something review by Lostprophets

• Released: Feb 3, 2004
Lostprophets: Start Something

With this being the Welsh Nu-Metallers follow up to the hugely successful "The Fake Sound Of Progress" they really needed something special. The sound they use in this CD hasn't really changed much, a better word would be matured or developed, it still focuses more on the positive side of life than angst, still has the catchy guitar riffs and melodic singing. Definitely what is clear is that as musicians the band have definately grown. The solo in "I Don't Know" really is a first for the band, not really recognised for their solo's, since covering cry me a river on a showcase on the radio alot of their songs do have quite fast tapping solo's in them. A very large musical improvement.

Lostprophets never claimed to be amazing songwriters, sometimes their lyrics can appear quite contrived and pointless, but they do always have that feel good factor, not one song off the album isnt catchy and very nice to sing along. The singing has developed astoundingly, he is able to hold half-screams half melody for a long time, and makes it sound beautiful.

Now on this album their is only one thing I disliked, the song "Last Summer", it is tacky, other than that, there is really no other negative thing I could say about it. I really do recommend anybody purchase it.