Start Something review by Lostprophets

• Released: Feb 3, 2004
Lostprophets: Start Something

The sound of this album is incredible. It's hard to believe that a nu-metal/punk/rock band could come up with such great riffs, melodies, and vocals. The singer is amazing. He has so much range and can scream for all he is worth, and it sounds great. There isn't that much screaming if you're wondering. They used old classic rock styles mixed with new age guitar effects and palm-muting and plenty of drop D and powerchords in there but good solos for this kind of music. Over all I have to give the sound of this record a 5 because it is one of my favorite albums of 2004.

The lyrics are deep and heartfelt with alot of emotion. You can tell when they are supposed to sound angry not just by the way the singer sings them, but by the way they write them, you can tell when they are trying to help you through the lyrics and give you advice by the tone the singer has. The lyrics are good because you can relate to them alot. They talk about remembering good times you had with friends, ending relationships, God, and trying to start fights. Again, I have to give them a 5.

This album surpasses just the good song of Last Train Home, the most popular single on the album. There are way better songs than that one, which is a good thing about an album. The most impressive songs are Make A Move (Wake Up), Burn Burn, I Don't Know, Last Summer and Sway which is an 11-minute song that progresses from slow to hard as it goes. I love the guitar and singing the most. The drummer has awesome beats and in between songs, they have interludes that get you pumped up for the song following. I wouldn't compare this band to any other band because they have a unique sound. If it were lost, I would scavenge my house looking for dimes, nickels, and pennies trying to gather enough money to buy this CD again. It is a great one and it's worth the buy because you will not be disappointed.