Start Something review by Lostprophets

• Released: Feb 3, 2004
Lostprophets: Start Something

I loved Lost Prophets the moment I heard their FSOP album. I was most definitely hooked. That being said I couldn't wait for any material they put out after it. And Start Something does not dissapoint. I was shocked to hear a solo for the first time by them in the song I Don't Know. This is just a small sign that they really have pulled it together as a band and are comfortable getting creative. This album is not as heavy as the first one as there is less screaming and the guitars aren't so down-tuned, but it's still a great listen. Buy it!

My only gripe about their first album was that the lyrics just didn't make sense. On start something, there is a general theme of Start Something. The entire album is pretty much a rally call to get off your tail and to not settle for mediocraty. There's nothing really witty or poignant about Ian's lyrics but they are straightforward and they get the message across which is the most important thing. Also, Ian has progressed so much as a singer since FSOP it's kinda creepy, but in a good way. A really good way.

If I were to lose this album, I would definitely spend another $17 on it. I do consider one of the must have cds of the year. It has some of the most catchy songs I've heard in awhile and they won't wear out anytime soon. Songs such as last train home, start something, we are godzilla you are japan, and sway are some of the highlights. The best thing about this album is how much better a singer Ian has become. So, what are you doing sitting here reading this? Go buy it! I also suggest Yellowcard, Taking Back Sunday, The Used.