Start Something review by Lostprophets

• Released: Feb 3, 2004
Lostprophets: Start Something

This album is less nu-metal than "The Fake Sound OOf Progress". Less scretching is used in t which is good. Ian Watkins sings better than he did. The most impressive thing is the back up vocal done by Jamie Oliver (the keyboard). Sometimes I think he does sings better than Ian. Back to the songs, I love the endings. It is absolutely amazing and makes the songs less similar to the songs by other nu-metal bands. "We Are Godzilla, You Are Japan" is the best track in "Start Something". Other songs rocks my socks as well!

I love most of the lyrics. most of them is about those common topics like lost in the world, findin their own ways, etc. But still they sound pretty good. I think "Last Summer" is quiet special cuz not many nu-metal bands write lyrics about positive friendship. Ian has improved his writting skill. I think he wants the kis out there to relate more to his lyric. In my opinion, that's why the lyrics has pretty much personal feelings in it.

"Start Something" shows that lostprophets has improved a lot since "The Fake Sound Of Progress". The vocal, lyrics, sound or techinc have all been improved. After listening to this album, I have become a huge fan of lostprophets. They truely rock! If it was stolen, I would definitely buy it again cuz I still not getting bored of it even though I've listened to it like hundreds of times.