Start Something review by Lostprophets

• Released: Feb 3, 2004
Lostprophets: Start Something

Lostprophets have a good strong sound to them, the songs are put together well. Each song is individual, they don't sound like the ones before them. There are heavy guitars, nice vocals and good drumming which are combined together excellently. People like to dismiss Lostprophets as a boy band of rocker wannabes, but listening to this album proves that is most untrue!

The lyrics are good in some songs not so good in others, they fit with the music and the style of the song well. Singer Ian Watkins has a good voice and so does the backing singer (don't know his name), their voices go nicely with the instruments.

It's a good album but I don't always feel like listening to it and its certainly not my favourite CD from my collection. The best songs are Last Train Home, Million Miles, We Are Godzilla You Are Japan, Start Something and We Still Kill The Old Way - quite a few good songs. One thing I hate about it is that they have these session music bits mixed in on intros and at the end of the songs sometimes, it really annoys me because it is so pointless and sounds wrong. If I lost the album I may buy it again, eventually.