Thunder In The East review by Loudness

Loudness: Thunder In The East

Classic '80s sound, almost as if it's all the best artist of the '80s thrown together in one band. The band originates from Japan. The guitarist Akira Takasaki is exelent! He plays at incredible speeds, and at the same time comes up with bone breaking riffs. All in all some of the heaviest of '80s metal.

The lyrics are great. This album was the bands second album in English. Minouru Niihara, the vocalist, pronouces English great, considering his primary language is Japanese. Crazy Nights, has good lyrics, and is definantly a great rockers anthem. Although the one thing I never got in the song Crazy Nights was when Minoru says, "Well were gonna rock and pile you.", and sometimes his singing is not clear, however; all in all, Minoru's vocals are great. Heavy Chains is a song about a woman lost without love in the world, the lyrics are deep, and moving, yet with riffs and solos that will blow your mind.

The ways they compare to other artist, would be mostly their singer Minoru Niihara, who sounds of a mix between Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson, and Black Sabbath's Ronnie James Dio. The most impressive songs are Heavy Chains, which starts out sounding like a great rock ballod, and within a minute of the song tears your head off. The solo, is without a doubt one of Takasaki's best. Crazy Nights, a rockers anthem, great rifft, and as usual, great solo. Like Hell, down and dirty rock, the first song I ever heard from Loudness, and it turned me into an addict. I love the solos, Akira Takasaki, is definantly an underrated guitarist, as he compares witht the likes of Zakk Wylde, Dimebag Darrel, and Eddie Van Halen. If the album was stolen or lost, I would buy it again.