World Record review by Lower Than Atlantis

• Released: Apr 25, 2011
Lower Than Atlantis: World Record

UK punk rockers, Lower Than Atlantis, present us with their second offering: "World Record" and it is rightly named. It might as well be LTA's best album to date! This, of course being the follow up to last years disturbingly and criminally underrated record "Far-Q", but with "World Record" it should gain them much more attention among the industry, fellow bands and the fans-to-be. With 15 songs on offer it isn't just a messy, loud chaotic release like their debut EP "Breton". It has a certain catchy-ness and melody, but also that familiar LTA sound.

The lyrics are as blunt as they are meaningful. Like I mentioned in my review of "Far-Q" the band wear quite alot on their sleeves, and just one glance over the lyric book confirms this. "World Record" is more of a story of the bands life. Opener "(Motor)Way Of Life" is about the bands experiences on tour. "Uni 9MM": about their old friends who are settling down and starting 'real lives and families.' "Bug" is written about a girl from a band that LTA toured with, she and vocalist/rhythm guitarist, Mike Deauce had a little bit of thing going... "Up In Smoke": about Mike's smoking addiction. "Marylin's Mansion": about youth and being free. "Working For The Man By Day, Stickin' It To The Man By Night" is about when Mike was 16 and working in some sh-tty job for a brick layer, just trying to get cash to help the band when they were just starting. So, yes the album is tale of the trials, the good and the bad and many things the band have given up, have achieved or have yet to achieve and so much more.

One of my now favorite songs by LTA is the 2nd track: "Beech Like The Tree" it is one of their catchiest songs but one of their most impressive and fun. Standouts: "Beech Like The Tree" "(Motor)Way Of Life" "Another Sad Song" "Deadliest Catch" "Working For The Man By Day, Stickin' It To The Man By Night", but thats just 5 out 15 awesome songs! With the band just getting off tour with Emmure, Miss May I, Chiodos, Evergreen Terrance, and ear-rapists Asking Alexandria. (I feel dirty saying their name...) And with them just about to head out on tour with We Are The Ocean and Veara, 2011 is sure to be LTA's year! 9.5 out of 10.

Mistermetee
    oh my god this album is so boring! i really want to like lta but i just can't find anything about them that appeals to me. i don't see why they tour with all these heavy bands also... because they're not heavy at all. a disapointing album