King Of The Nordic Twilight Review

9.4
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
King Of The Nordic Twilight Reviewed by: Jøhnny, on february 10, 2010

Sound: First of all, all you Rhapsody fans should already be buying this album. If you're a fan of Rhapsody, you don't even have to read this review, just go and buy the album, thank you. So, let's see... Luca's first solo album "King of the Nordic Twilight" is basically just a Rhapsody album done under the name "Luca Turilli." The album begins with a short epic intro song and then goes straight to a fast melodic song, and the last song is the longest song in the album, just like in every Rhapsody album. The other songs are also typical Rhapsody songs with Luca's trademark palm muted Power Metal riffs, fast melodic solos and long catchy choruses. The album of course features slower songs ("Princess Aurora" and "Warrior's Pride") and keyboard intros, like in the songs "Legend of Steel" and "Kings of the Nordic Twilight." The only thing on the album that doesn't sound like Rhapsody is the singing which is done by Olaf Hayer. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are also typical Rhapsodyish lyrics featuring cheesy epic stories about some epic tales, places and stuff like that made by Maestro Turilli himself. Olaf Hayer is a perfect singer for this album, and he has a great Power Metal voice which sounds pretty much like "Michael Kiske." If you listen to this album and think something like "He doesn't sound like Kiske that much..." try listening to "Luca Turilli's" cover of "Helloween's" song "I'm Alive", and you will realize how much Hayer sounds like Kiske. // 9

Overall Impression: In my opinion "King of the Nordic Twilight" is Luca's best album, and also one of the best Power Metal I have ever heard. And I have heard MANY Power Metal albums, since I'm a Power Metal fanatic, so believe me, this album is great! My favorite moments in this album are probably the violin solos in "Black Dragon" and "Legend of Steel." Why? Because violin is an instrument you don't hear often in Metal, so when you sometimes hear it, it sounds even better, especially if it's playing awesome solos! This album is just pure excellence, go on and buy it already you fool! // 10

Comments