You're Awful, I Love You review by Ludo

• Released: Feb 26, 2008
Ludo: You're Awful, I Love You

The sound that Ludo has is quite unique even though they sound a lot like other bands. You may think this does'nt make any sense but I think they sound differents because of the moog. The album "Your Awful, I Love You" has the story telling of "Broken Bride" and the full on rock ballads of "Ludo". The album is a mixture of soft and rock songs that balance out equally, this makes all the songs sound different and does'nt leave you saying "isnt this the same song as track 5"

"Your Awful, I Love You" has some of the best lyrics that I have heard in a long time. It uses the story telling of Broken Bride which is uniqe and brilliant compared to the usual love songs of other bands and the bouncy rock songs from "Ludo. Andrew Volpe has a wonderful voice that's puts some other singers to silence, he sounds a lot like Justin Pierre from "Motion City Soundtrack", which is a very big compliment.

"Your Awful, I Love You" is the best album I have ever heard. The vocals of Andrew Volpe mixed with the brilliant guitar of Tim Ferrel will leve you hanging on for the next tune from Tim Convy's moog. The best songs from the album are "Love Me Dead", "Topeka", "Such As It Ends", "Lake Ponchatrain", "Scream, Scream, Scream" and "In Space". I love everything about this album, the hidden bonus track sung by Tim Ferrel at the end of "In Space tops it off I say thank god for Ludo. If I lost this CD I would cry all the way to my computer order it again and sit on the mailbox until it arrived. One last word. Remember sleep is the most important meal of the day.

cmart227
    ha i saw them like 4 years ago set up in the middle of texas a&m campus just playing during lunch....liked them then, maybe i'll like this
    Alexishxc1337
    kfilly20 wrote: just checked again and yep, still sound exactly like panic at the disco
    'A Fever You Can't Sweat Out' or 'Pretty. Odd.' Panic?
    guitar_chik
    kfilly20 wrote: sound exactly like panic at the disco
    they sound nothing like panic. panic is a little more indie and ludo is slightly more rockish.
    The Sleeper
    whocares09 wrote: I think these guys are very good. It may seem weird but i listen to bands such as Dream theater and Nevermore and yet i still find Ludo in my stereo... maybe im just a freak...
    Wow i'm in the same boat but broken bride beats anything on this album you should check it out
    LeadSalad182
    I saw them with Relient K in Baltimore back in October and they put on a real quirky, goofy show but they were suprisingly entertaining. and when i met them for autographs they were extremely down to earth, friendly guys. i don't have their cd yet but i should probably go buy it cuz this is the kind of band thats worth supporting
    breathemusic118
    great cd overall, love me dead and drunken lament clearly stand out but i think overlooked is scream scream scream. Theyre all pretty good though
    kfilly20
    just checked again and yep, still sound exactly like panic at the disco