Freebird: The Movie/Tribute Tour [DVD] Review

artist: Lynyrd Skynyrd date: 03/11/2008 category: compact discs
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Freebird: The Movie/Tribute Tour [DVD]
Release Date: December 18, 2001
Even though they recorded only for four short years, Lynyrd Skynyrd left behind some of rock 'n' roll's most enduring classics. Go back in time and experience the band's true spirit, raw power and three-guitar attack in blistering live performances, revealing interviews, rare photos and home movies.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 9
 9.8
 9.8
 9.7
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Freebird: The Movie/Tribute Tour [DVD] Reviewed by: aig91, on march 11, 2008

Sound: From ripping vocals to blistering guitar solos and duels, catchy riffs to revealing interviews this DVD has everything a Skynyrd fan could ask for. If you're a fan of rock n roll live, long and loud then this is a great DVD to put on and turn up the volume. Lynyrd Skynyrd is known for loud, rowdy, Southern raunchy roll sound and their unique sound is captured live at its best in these two movies, Freebird the Movie and The Tribute Tour. Their relentless Torture Tours broke attendance records everywhere as they were known for their driving energy and powerful performances. With the performances captured on this DVD we can relive some of Lynyrd Skynyrd's finest work and most admirable moments. // 10

Overall Impression: I am very pleased with this disc. I love that there are two great Skynyrd movies on one disc and over three hours of entertainment altogether. There is nothing at all to hate about it, everything is great and really captures the band's best moments. Out of both of the movies on this disc I must say that Freebird the Movie is my favorite, as I tend to be more of a fan of the original line-up. I own every DVD that Skynyrd ever put out and out of all of them this one is the one I value the most. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is a fan of rock and roll and looking for some lively performances and fiery guitar work. If this were stolen I would without a doubt replace it as soon as possible. I watch it all the time and can't see myself without it. // 10

Comments