Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd review by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Lynyrd Skynyrd: Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd

The sound on Pronounced is definitely Lynyrd Skynyrd at their best. There is a very impressive variety of sounds on this album from the "three guitar army" to the heartfelt words sung by Ronnie Van Zant. From the hard-rocking Free Bird to the bluesy Thing's Goin' On, there is not one song on this album that isn't great.

The lyrics on Pronounced are very real. Whether the song is about a rowdy bar fight or a mother giving advice to her son, Ronnie Van Zant always had a way of capturing the real essence and feeling of the song. Many of the lyrics are heartfelt and down-to-earth such as Simple Man or Free Bird. Many others may contain a powerful message such as Poison Whiskey or Thing's Goin' On. Whatever the song may be, the words appeal to a great variety of people, including myself.

Pronounced is no doubt one of, if not the most successful album of Lynyrd Skynyrd's career. Every song stands out in it's own way and there is not one song that does not belong on this album. Two songs that are a crowd favorite are the hard-rocking Free Bird and the honkytonk Gimme Three Steps. Pronounced is definitely a must-have for any hardcore Skynyrd fan. If this album were stolen, I would without any doubts or second thoughts go buy another one as soon as I possibly can.

salmon philippe
    Yeah ! a great band that i discovered a bit late (3 years ago and i'm 47) but it is not very well known in France.... The guitar solo on freebird is crazy and gives me a thrill !
    7thriff
    free bird is one of the best rock tracks of all time! why are there no commments here??
    Smithsc
    Seriously man! I live for these songs. The vocals, guitar and keyboard on free bird are something no less than legendary! Its scary to think where rock music would be without some of these classic tunes!
    mavtx41
    Lynyrd Skynyrd is the best band ever,and this is the best album ever.