Street Survivors review by Lynyrd Skynyrd

• Released: Jan 1, 1977
Lynyrd Skynyrd: Street Survivors

The sound on this CD is great, the bands got all the goods right here. They've got the juteboxing What's Your Name, the guitar work on That smell, an awesome chorus on you got that right etc. It's just an all round good album, they mix in some blues at the end of the album, and some slower country style love songs. And they did it well, slowly changing the style of the music as the album progresses. This was their last original album and has some of their best work on it, the only gripe I have is the alternate version of You got that right, which sort of blow in sound quality.

The lyrics are good, balanced and at time very soulful. The ones on That Smell are sarcastic, ironic and just plain eerie at times. The lyrics fit well and complement the music well especially the guitar solos.

My personal favorite of their albums, The best on this are That Smell, One More Time, You Got That Right, and What's Your Name. I just think it's the best as an overall record, I wouldn't buy it straight away since they'd have pried it from my dead hands.

stacksp
    my friends dad has the original album cover with the flames in the background