The Essential review by Lynyrd Skynyrd

• Released: Aug 25, 1998
Lynyrd Skynyrd: The Essential

The bands great sound from the guitar solo's by the three greatest guitar player's to the vocals of ronnie van zant, this DVD is a true Skynyrd fan's dream. It has all of there greatest songs in a two CD set they have ever made and there is also a live and recorded free bird, so if you don't like the recorded version then you could just listen to the live version, how great is that.

The vocals of ronnie van zant are amazing, he touch's your heart in simple man and a few other's but then he makes you feel joy full in I know a little and more. Most of the songs have a story in them like "Gimmie Three Steps" it is about Ronnie dancing with a girl who asks him too but her boyfriend catch's them dancing together and he say's "Gimmie three steps to the door".

This album does not really compare to any other's and is one of my favourite albums Lynyrd Skynyrd did, for me the most impressive songs in the album are simple man (touch's your heart) and free bird (the five minute solo). If this album was stolen from me I would no doubt buy the same one as soon as I can.

kalamari
    This is music that is guaranteed to make you speed if listening to in the car
    rockinlespaul
    Great album, but this is a poor review in my opinion. Thanks for taking the time to go over it, but I think spending some more time on it would be a good idea. Cheers.
    Sloopy
    aig91
    JI-HALL
    aig91 wrote: Sloopy wrote: I don't think people should be allowed to review greatest hits, box sets maybe, but definately not greatest hits. How about a studio album for a change? People can review whatever they want to review. If it bothers you so much, then don't read the reviews for them. There are tons of studio album reviews on here. This is only the second greatest hits collection review I've ever seen for this band. This is a great collection btw. I'm not really into greatest hits albums, but I have this and it is a good album.
    Thank's...