Elegies [DVD] review by Machine Head

• Released: Oct 11, 2005
  • Content: 6
  • Production Quality: 9
Machine Head: Elegies [DVD]

This DVD had many fans excited for the release, as well as me. When I had seen the live video they choose to release as a teaser, I was thrilled. The sound is great, its not bad at all. It really shows the bands talents, and devotion to music.

Content — 6
It has its share of songs, most of which were from older albums (disapointed me some), the "making" of three of their more recent music videos (not live), as well as the those videos, and of course the story fast-forewarded to when they were screwed by Roadrunner America (when they lost band members and lost their label) to present day. But they did not deliver however when I was hopeing for more footage from previous shows, and other music videos. It's a great DVD for more of the hardcore MH fans.

Production Quality — 9
The quality is great, nothing to complain about. Cool menus and so on.

It's their first DVD if I'm not mistaken, and compared to other artist's DVD's like Lamb Of God, Killswitch Engage, and ect. It's not packed as full as I had hoped it would be. The songs are amazing, great quality, and playing as well. I love the quality, but I wasn't impressed with the set list. I would not replace it if anything were to happen to it, and I would only reccomend it for the hardcore MH fans who bang their head whenever their music enters their skull.