Hellalive review by Machine Head

Machine Head: Hellalive

Well its Machine Heads first official live album release. It was recorded in London at the Brixton Academy and was during the Supercharger tour. What can I say? Machine Head do no wrong. The sound on this album is absolutely fantastic. It could not get any better. You feel like you are at the gig (yes a cliche when describing live albums/dvds) but it is so true. The guitars are perfect, so too are the bass and drums, but of course the stand out is Robbs simply outstanding voice. Not a single mistake or error, this is live music at its pinnacle.

Well, as it was the Supercharger tour, Machine Head do of course play quite a few songs off that album. The lyrics are fantastic, all the MH albums have awesome lyrics and hearing them live is just unbelievable. Only one error persists at MH live shows, and that is Robbs communication with the crowd, dont get me wrong, he is one of the greatest frontmen and really knows how to get a crowd going. However when playing certain songs he always says the same things live, at every gig. I. e on Take My Scars he always says "see everyone front to back, side to side etc." However this is no big deal as Robb kicks ass.

This is one of the best live albums I have ever heard. It is probably my favourite however I would really like one recorded now, i.e. after the release of Through The Ashes, as it starts with Imperium, and played are the greatest heavy metal songs written in the past few years. This album is still fantastic and I would definately buy it if it where stolen. Not every band can achieve this greatness and this shows why Machine Head are the greatest live metal band on the planet.