Supercharger review by Machine Head

• Released: Jan 1, 2001
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Machine Head: Supercharger

Oh dear God, where'd they go wrong? This is easily Machine Head's weakest album, even though it isn't bad, it's not what you'd expect from Machine Head. Personally I blame this on their ex-guitarist Ahrue Luster [who is now with I'll Nino] who wanted to 'take the band in a more melodic direction'. This record has it's moments, with tracks such as 'Bulldozer' and the hallowing 'Trephination' grabbing you by the nuts and smashing your head on the walls, like Machine Head should. The rest, well, it's mediocre.

Lyrics tend to vary, 'Bulldozer' is essentially Ten Ton Hammer 2. It has a heavy, simplistic riff abotu something heavy. Then there's 'Crashing Around You', the single which, by a stroke of extremely bad luck, was released soo nafter the events of 9/11. that's about everything goign wrong and the such. The rets is utterly forgetable stuff.

I have to reluctantly admit, this record was disappointing. Standout tracks are 'Bulldozer, 'Crashing Around You', 'Trephination', American High' and 'Deafening Silence'. The rest is a slightly poor effort, and I really expected better from such a fantastic band. Not to say the record is completely awful, it just isn't as good as it should be. The digipack edition features bonus tracks [unfortunately I don't own the digipack so I hav no idea if they're any good] but overall, for Machine Head fans only.

boyan89
    there is some good songs on this album like the ones with the solos and shit and Crashing Around You and Bulldozer are good but their are some songs that are just not good!!honestly though if you compare this album or say its better than Burn My Eyes,TTAOE,and The Blackening and The More Things To Change just blow this album and The Burning Red out of the water and I've gotta agree with the reviews nice job guys!