Through The Ashes Of Empires review by Machine Head

• Released: Dec 16, 2003
Machine Head: Through The Ashes Of Empires

Machine Head. Words can't even describe the absolutely amazing sound of this album but I will try too. The guitar's on this album are truly outstandable and just overwhelming, Phil Demmel's lead parts are amazing and when Flynn backs him up it makes the song even more interesting because you never know what they are going to do. In some songs they harmonize reallly well taking into account Imperium, Seasons Wither and Descend The Shades of Night. The drums man where do I even begin Dave McLain kind of inspired me to check those out because when I heard him along with Joey Jordison, Lars Ulrich and Travis Smith I went like holy shit drummming can be like this, just brutal and alwawys follow the songs. The bass man Adam Duce is surprising on that thing I mean having soo much aggresion put into that thing, you can hear everything clearly and the bass intros to some songs are amazing. So basically all I'm trying to say is everything was layed out perfectly for the band's masterpiece. I would give the sound a 15/10 if I could.

The lyrics on this album. Rob Flynn is an amazing vocalist. I love the screaming and he actually sings like Melodic Singing, he has one of the best voices ever. The lyrics meaning all vary, I think they're are some about politics, Lamentation of Death(well that one is obvious), Personal Stuff (Parents) and I'm not sure what some songs are about taking into account Seasons Wither. But on the otherhand just a brutal job on the lyrics I would give it a 12/10 but I cant.

This album can it compare to other albums. No it can't, Machine Head will always be Machine Head and no other album they produce is ever going to compare with anyone but themselves, well that doesnt't even work because they don't produce the second album twice again. My favourite songs on this album have got to be Imperium, Seasons Wither, Days Turn Blue To Gray, Wipe The Tears, Vim, In The Presence Of My Enemies and Descend The Shades of Night. The other tracks are all great and layed very well too. I love everything about this album I wouldn't have changed anything because it's perfect just the way it is. If It were stolen/lost ummm hell yah I would buy it again and it is also a great comeback for a band for being dead in the water basically!! So amazing album! Recommend it to everyone except the pussies who listen to that poppy shit Green Day is taken here and Plus 44 and Blink 182. Metal heads this album is for you! Oh and also this is the bands 2nd best album since Burn My Eyes, The Blackening being in first, such an amazing album, every song on that album has a solo.

SmittyBaGitty
    f*ckin great band! seen em open for Metallica a while back! it really set the mood for the rest of the night!
    Fly-swatter
    This is a must have a classic return to form from the metal masters Machine F**k Head!