Unto The Locust review by Machine Head

• Released: Sep 23, 2011
Machine Head: Unto The Locust

The sound that Machine Head have achieved on this new record to me is nothing but amazing. I find my self listening to it on repeat day after day. The album shows Machine Head doing something new with their music but they still stay true to the classic Machine Head sound. I think recording of the drums on this album stands out for me and I'm a guitar player. The power of the drums is just there it smacks ya right in the face!

From the very first words sung by Robb Flynn on the very first track you can tell that the record is meaningful to him and is going to be great. The lyrics on this record are very touching and meaningful. They stay true to the classic Lyrical Theme of Machine Head and as for Robb's Voice on this record he is really experimenting with his clean voice more which to me is a great thing. don't get me wrong he still brings the house down with his Powerful Scream/Yell but he is also using his cleans alot.

To me I think this would rank very high in the top releases of this year. Great Band, Great Music, and when I purchased this record it was the Special Edition version with bonus tracks and bonus DVD. The only bad thing I can say about this Record is the DVD to me is too short I WANTED MORE! And same with the amount of songs. I think they should of had 2 disc's worth of songs. But that is the only bad thing I can say about this record all I can say is True Machine Head fans will love this album and new Machine Head fans this is a great album to start on.