Elegies review by Machine Men

• Released: Aug 22, 2005
Machine Men: Elegies

"Elegies" is the second album of Finnish metal band Machine Men, the album is strongly influenced by such bands as Iron Maiden and Queensrÿche. "Elegies" was recorded at Sonic Pump Studios [Finland]. "From Sunrise To Sunset" has some classical instruments, they fit in nicely and does make the song sound even more beautiful.

I think Antony has done brilliant job with this album and it's lyrics. Antony has really nice voice, he has been compared many times to Bruce Dickinson and Geoff Tate. All the lyrics are written by Antony and I like them, they're pretty sad but I think it fits their music perfectly so I think it doesn't matter too much.

I'd say "Elegies" is the best album Machine Men ever wrote, I like their other albums too, but I think this one is the best. About the album I mostly love Antony's vocals and lyrics as well as the melodies and solos of both Jani and J-V. I don't have anything to hate about this album, I just can't find anything to hate, maybe some songs could be happier, but I think it wouldn't fit into the theme of the album. My favourite songs from the album are "October" and "Apathy". I love the acoustic parts of "October" as well as the lyrics and I think it's the most beautiful song of the album. "Apathy" has a nice clean Intro too and this song has maybe the best lyrics of the whole album.