Destination: Beautiful review by Mae

• Released: Feb 25, 2003
Mae: Destination: Beautiful

Half of this CD is remixes, live recordings, or acoustic versions of Mae's Songs. Before I looked at the CD case, I had no idea that the songs were live, they were that good. Mae puts together the best of many worlds: rock, new age, and electronic sounds. They have the guitar, bass, and drums of a rock group. Then they also have some serious new age piano/keyboard that blows my ears away.

This CD didn't come with a lyrics typed in, so I was kinda disappointed in that but, no biggy. The Vocals are a near perfect example of the best rock vocals. They have tone. They have pitch. They even enunsiate their words so you can understand what they are saying. Even though the vocals are impressive, they lack energy in some parts. You can feel where the vocals just need to be louder and distinct, but it doesn't happen.

I have only heard the other album, but as far as I know, they are both are impressive beyond all reason. This CD has yet to get out of my stereo and my head. These guys have something that not everyone else has: exceptional talent in all aspects.