The Everglow review by Mae

• Released: Mar 29, 2005
Mae: The Everglow

The sound on this album is phenomenal. It's not nessecarily groundbreaking, or incredibly unique, but it works really well with the Dave's voice. I really like the sound of We're So Far Away, the second track on the album. Overall, the sound is good, and it works with Dave's voice, but could be more unique.

The lyrics are absoloutly fabulous. They are obviously well thought out, and if they're rushed, it doesn't show. I really like the lyrics in every song. The lyrics generally fit well with the beat of the song, except for a few instances which are really trivial. Dave has a great voice, I really like how it integrates with the guitar and keyboard work.

I love the mood of this album, it conveys a mood of magic, and it feels like a storybook, because the prologue track is just like an audio book. My favorite songs are "We're So Far Away," "Suspension," "The Ocean" and "Cover Me." I love the lyrics of the album, but the guitar sounds are sometime monotonous. The keyboard is really good too, that serves to break the monotony.

Learn_to_fly
    Holy ass, this album is beautiful... why does it only have 2 comments?! This kicks so much ass! It's not hardcore, but it's not whiny Coldplay either, and I love it. These are guys are a wicked awesome band, and this album is amazing. Best track is "Mistakes We Knew Were Making".
    Zero02
    This is one of the few, if not only modern album I own in which I have to listen to it from start to finish (yes, the Prelude and Epilogue included) every time. It is absolutely phenomenal.
    theblackbox
    I guarentee you this is the mos amazing album ever, and I'm a die-hard MCR fan, if that says anything. But you can't just pick one song and judge the album on it, it'sa collective masterpiece that has to be absorbed from beginning to end, and it helps if you do have the album booklet and follow along with the album, to completely emerse yourself in the experience