Man Overboard review by Man Overboard

• Released: Sep 27, 2011
Man Overboard: Man Overboard

This band is another one of the bands from the tri-state post-pop punk scene I mentioned in my tigers jaw review if you read it. These guys have a great Fast and emotional pop-punk sound that is token for the genre. This album seems to me to show a little more aggression than previous releases, but without losing that sappy love song pop-punk thing they got going on. I am personally a bigger fan of real talk than this album because I like my punk bands to be totally balls to the wall or sappy and poppy, and with that being said I think these guys bring a happy medium.

The two singers in this band (Nik Bruzzese and Zac Eiestenstein) do a great job, including some awesome gang vocals on a song or two. Now its time to talk about the lyrics, I think the two major things that this band writes about on this record and their others is obviously girls and love stuff and their friends and family.

This album to me so far is not quite as good as the prior releases but its still worth listening to, these guys are similar to bands like Transit, The Wonder Years, Fireworks and Handguns the newer kind of pop-punk. Buddy Nielson from Senses Fail also gave the band major props so if you don't normally listen to this stuff major you want to take a listen.