A Whisper Of Dew Review

artist: Mandagora Scream date: 06/16/2006 category: compact discs
Mandagora Scream: A Whisper Of Dew
Release Date: Mar 11, 2003
Genres: Rock
Solidly based in the Gothic scene, but definitely influenced by rock, alternative, pop, metal and dark wave, Mandragora Scream invite us to join their journey through fairytales and legends, back to the ancient times.
 7.4
 9.3
 5.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
A Whisper Of Dew Reviewed by: Mahoru, on june 16, 2006

Sound: This Italian band sounds like no other. I haven't found other ones like them. When listening to them, you go to a new dimension of sad feelings and dark atmosphere, like playing in an abandoned victorian theatre. Deep sounds, esential and good technique, a lot of feeling. It's not famous, and it can be because of this. Even there are slower and depressive bands, they can virtually make you fall in a magical sleep. Not a lot of power 'cause they don't need it. The two singers are very versatile and have a wide range of voice, too, so there aren't forced melodies. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are really nice. It's like reading a poem, a very sad and deep poem, full of feeling. And the singers Morgan and Terry have the right voice to sing it. Very nice work, nearly everyone who listen to them, get fond of this CD. // 9

Overall Impression: I can't compare it to any other album or band I've listened to. It's a mixture of lots of things I can't explain. The best songs of this album are "Silent Lullabies", "A Vision They Shared", "Bloody Ballad" and "Rainbow Seeker". I love all I said before, and I don't hate anything. It's nearly perfect for sad lovers. If it were lost or stolen, I'd buy it again without doubt: it's one of my favourite albums. // 9

Comments