Clashing Of The Swords review by Mandatory Death

Mandatory Death: Clashing Of The Swords

This is a very solid debut record from the candaian thrash band, Mandatory Death. Mandatory Death's style is very unique. They have the shredding guitars, heavy drums, and a DRI-like vocal style. This album was produced by Mike Daher, who did a great job of capturing the band's raw energy. There are some mistakes here and there, but it doesn't take away from the overall sound at all.

I enjoy the lyrics in the songs more than anything. They are so raw and heavy with tons of rage and aggression thrown in. Mikel, the singer, has a very cool tone to his voice. He kind of sounds like kurt from DRI. He sings about normal metal themes like war, death, and other morbid sounding things.

If I had to choose between listening to Mandatory Death and Pantera, or Metallica, I wouldn't even think twice abot choosing Mandatory Death. Some of the best songs on here are Going To War, Awaited Hell, Hit The Bricks, MDK, aswell as others.

DarioM
    Hey this is Dario from Mandatory Death. Nice review. But who is the reviewer?