Bring 'em in review by Mando Diao

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Mando Diao: Bring 'em in

Today we have all this high tech shit that ruins the real rock 'n' roll sound but Mando Diao sure has the real ROCK sound of the 50's and 60's. The starting track Sheepdog is enough to convince anyone that this band knows how to make rock 'n' roll. The guitar riffs remind me of Keith Richards's dirty Micawber twang and it's obvious that their music is influenced by Rolling Stones and the Beatles. However, Mando Diao has its own unique sound and tone which is achieved by NOT using high tech stuff and computers.

The lyrics are excellent. The lyrics and the music fit together perfectly but it's still obvious that the lyrics aren't the most important thing in their music. And since the guys are swedish it's only normal that they cant express their deepest feelings in english that easily.

The overall impression of the album is perfect. This kind of 100% rock band is just what we need in this R&B driven world. The album doesn't have a single bad song. This is definitely one of the best albums ever and if it were stolen I'd buy a new one in a second. I recommend this for all you people out there who can't get enough of Rock 'n' Roll. If you're into Rolling Stones you're gonna love Mando Diao.

hengler
    This is definitely one of the best albums ever
    Normally if a review says that I'd ignore it, but this one's justified. Right from start to finish it's full of quality songs, particularly Sheepdog and Paralyzed. Actually I'm putting the album on now!
    Geoxx
    Yeah, i think its one of the best and most undervalued albums ever.
    GuitarSpongeBob
    This Review by Senor is exactely right. I of course like this album. It's perfect. Only their 2nd album Hurricane Bar is better. But I would say that Sweet Ride is also a very good song from Bring em 'in.