The Holy Bible review by Manic Street Preachers

Manic Street Preachers: The Holy Bible

Rock/Indie, post-punk, political and in your face.

Lyrics are all political for the manic street preachers as any fans will know! This album takes on more of the lyrical genius of Richey James, (the rhythm guitarist who would go missing soon after this album released) and his problems of malicious self-harm and anorexia, as well as the usual paranoid-neurotic things of the manics. Much better lyrics than 'Generation Terrorists' (debut album) by their heartfelt and close-to-home nature. All are good lyrics apart from the nonsence of 'Revol'.

In comparison to 'Generation Terrorists' it is a more unhappy, depressed album both lyrically and musically, mainly due to the fact that Richey himself was a miserable person. When I bought this, about 10 years (lol) after its release, for you see i was very little at the time of release, it was something completely new to me. I had never heard such a fiery band with so much to say. I related to the lyrics and the songs so much. The most impressive songs on this album are probably all of them, but I would pick out, 4st 7lbs, a song about anorexia.. P.C.P, which is an amazing fiery song.. and well every song except 'revol' which is probably the only weak point in an absolutely amazing album. I love the whole album to pieces and hate nopthing about it, except for the fact that there aren't any more hours in the day to listen to it in!! If it was stolen I would straight away buy it again, no matter what. It's definitely worth buying, if you're into a bit of rocky music with lots of fire, speed, and much post-punk agression which is also a bit political, GO FOR IT!!!