The Holy Bible review by Manic Street Preachers

Manic Street Preachers: The Holy Bible

Excellent. 'nuff said.

The lyrics are a collaboration between Richie Edwards and Nicky Wire, and tend to follow in the vein of Richie's depression. A lot of the songs are disturbing, but the most disturbing song would have to be 4st7lbs - a song about anorexia. Richie was suffering from this at the time. This is, sadly, the last album featuring Edwards. He went missing a few weeks after its release, presumed dead. James Dean Bradfield handles the difficult lyrics very well, and his voice definitely suits their message.

This is one of very few albums I bought purely on recommendation that I like. I'm stupid, and so a lot of things I've bought on recommendation, such as New Found Glory, Bon Jovi, Deftones and Pixies. None of these agreed with me at all. Not saying that they're bad, I just don't like them. The Holy Bible, however, really is one of my favourites of all time (along with Grace by Jeff Buckely, Ten by Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine by Rage Against the Machine and Dirt by Alice In Chains). It just doesn't leave my CD Player, (or more accurately, the 'now playing list' on Windows Media Player). Hey! I'm listening to it right this second!

cabbaman98
    this is an amaizng album and eys it is very depressing. But i wouldn't say it changed my life it just gave me some laughs at how wierd yet meaningful the lyrics are. perosnally i don't really concentrate on what the lyrics mean so much, but that is just me. amaizng though guys!