Gods Of War review by Manowar

• Released: Feb 26, 2007
Manowar: Gods Of War

Well, of course Manowar's first impression is always a powerful one. To tell you the truth I wasn't expecting a great lot from this album, and god was I surprised. This album reigns supreme among the upper echelon of the Manowar discography. Blaring out no doubt the best guitarwork I've heard from Karl Logan, some epic symphonies that proved greatly unexpected, and a fairly decent concept album about all of the Norse gods. Even though I've only been listening to this album for upwards of a week I think it will, and is, becoming one of my favorite Manowar albums.

Heavy narration is evident throughout this album. All of this pertaining to the loosely based plot about the 'Norse Gods', with imagery about Odin, Sleipnir, Loki, Thor, and several other honorable mentions. The lyrics, of course, aren't great poetry, but nonetheless they prove nothing under par for any Manowarrior's standards. The epic delivery of Eric Adams makes every line come to life. This is very evident in 'Die For Metal' (bonus track).

This new album is everything you expect from Manowar, and more! Delivering some riffs that seem to bring these "Kings of Metal" back to life. With the thunderous riffs like 'King Of Kings', 'Sleipnir', and 'Die For Metal' Karl Logan once again proves his supreme status of the fairly new member of the band. I highly recommend this album to any metal fan, and especially fellow Manowarriors. If you had any doubts about this new album I promise you Manowar blows the speakers on second guessing. Go pick up this album as soon as possible!