Hail To England review by Manowar

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
Manowar: Hail To England

Right, being a big Manowar fan I must admit that on this album the recording is not as up to scratch as it should be. Sometimes there seems to be a high pitched beep, which has something to do with the recording. Apart from that manowar are on form! Some of their songs seem to be a bit faster on this album then on the previous album (Into Glory Ride). They seem to be more balls out this time, with intensly fast sometimes blusy solos from Ross The Boss. The riffs are sometimes simple but creative (Kill With Power). This is heavy metal gold I am telling you!

Eric adams is the greatest metal singer ever! He can hit any note and with power, his screams are the most Memorable I've ever heard. As for the lyrics to for this great voice to back up, they are just as great, most are fantasy themed songs (Blood Of My Enimies/Bridge Of Death). Yet the metalhead inspired song The Army Of Immortals is a tribute to all the fans and the lyrics really get to me and probably all their fans.

From the fantasy themed Blood Of My Enimies to the pegan inspired Each Dawn I Die and then to the bombastic face ripping Kill with power you have quite a few areas of interest on this album, Then you've got the bass solo (Black Arrows) witch is a finger egniting outing (I'd like to see anyone else do that). And of course the outro song, the epic Bridge Of Death witch is set at the gates of hell, where a warrior who has passed on from the world of the living faces the evil one! Brilliant! All in all though only a Manowar fan would understand this album, people seem to think of manowar as a joke, but their exellent musicianship and raw power previals! I don't care what anyone says manowar are one of the most underrated metal bands, if you love them you will love this album, hate them well.

ironmaidendude
    This is great album, but I think Into Glory Ride is better. Btw mccabe24, Black Arrows isn't guitar solo, it's bass solo played by distorted bass. I agree that it sounds awful after bassist Joey DeMaio's scream.