Kings of Metal review by Manowar

• Released: Nov 18, 1988
Manowar: Kings of Metal

Classic Manowar, louder than hell, full of steel, and ready to blow your speakers. The sixth album is at the quality you would expect from the "loudest band ever" and is considered to be one of their best albums. Featuring Eric Adams on vocals, Joey DeMaio on bass, Ross the Boss on guitar, and Scott Columbus on drums. This album reigns supreme and truly earns Manowar a title of "Kings of Metal."

The lyrics are really one-sided. Filled with True Metal inferences that can tend to be quite cheesy, but nonetheless I love it. The feeling I get from Manowar all true metal fans can share across the world. Eric Adams gives a supreme vocal delivery on tracks such as, "Heart of Steel," "The Crown and the Ring," and his power metal falsetto is noticed in almost all tracks but especially in "Wheels of Fire." So if you're a fan of true metal you'll love the lyrics and their content.

Manowar are hands down the Kings of Metal and the True Metal message that is portrayed through this album and all their others is paralleled by none. Some of the more impressive technical prowess of Joey DeMaio's bass playing can be heard on "Sting of the Bumblebee" where he recreates the famous "Flight of the Bumblebee." Though I love every song on the album I really love "Heart of Steel," "Wheels of Fire," "Kings of Metal," and "Hail and Kill." I recommend this album to anyone that loves true metal or wants to see what it's all about.