Warriors Of The World review by Manowar

• Released: Jun 4, 2002
Manowar: Warriors Of The World

The sounds is really good, the music played is excellent. Searing leads and powerful riffs. Very powerful, but with a very melodic sound at some times. And a few of the songs are slow and more beautiful than powerful. I liked the album alot at first, this is a very unique heavy metal band, and they have made many good albums in the past. But this just isn't the same. Compared to the other albums, this one is too much of a self centered one, and it is to commercially connected. The theme is merely that Manowar owns the world (we've seen abit of it in kings of metal, only not this much), and how they seem to find themselves as the only true heavy metal band. The music is good enough, but there are a few songs that I don't think fit the album. But remember that as musicians, Manowar is a brilliant band. The image is what I don't like as much.

Eric Adams is a very good vocalist. He can do everything from power (Warriors Of The World United and Call To Arms) to a lullaby (An American Trilogy) and impressed me just as much with his voice now, as he did with the first Manowar album I ever heard. The lyrics are still about war, death, blood and victory, but in some of the songs they are more reality and society focused, remember that this album has a lot of songs that are tributes to different people.

Musically this album is very good, the solos and riffs are still very good, and I really like the way the vocals are fitted to the music. Warriors of the world united is a stunning song, and even though this album isn't my favourite, that songs still gives me the chills. A true metal classic, one of the biggest ones too. There is just something missing, or is that it is too much of the commercial stuff in here, the things we see on the TV? Anyways, it's a good album, but not the stuff dreams are made of. If I were to recommend an album from Manowar, then Kings of metal would be the one on top.